Cutting the cord doesn’t mean losing access to live network TV anymore, and just about everyone likely knows about OTA TV antennas by now. What you might not know, however, is that cutting the cord also doesn’t have to mean losing your beloved DVR. The Tablo Digital Video Recorder is designed specifically to work with OTA television. You can pause and rewind live TV as well as schedule recordings, and the device can stream to any TV in your home with a compatible device, such as a Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Roku, or Xbox. There are two versions of this awesome OTA DVR — one with two tuners and one with four tuners — and they’re both discounted right now on Amazon.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Whole-home networked DVR: Browse, record, and stream free live over-the-air (OTA) HDTV to any device, any time, anywhere – without the expense or commitment of cable or satellite contracts.
- Connect tablo to your Home Network – via WiFi or Ethernet.Cancel cable, keep the DVR: Watch, pause, and record live antenna TV. Browse upcoming shows, schedule and manage recordings by episode or Series. Skip commercials, fast-forward and rewind recordings.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi included: The only OTA DVR with Wi-Fi, Tablo lets you position the DVR and antenna for the best signal reception. (HDTV antenna required, sold separately)
- 64GB internal + expandable USB storage: Record up to 40 hours of HDTV, right out of the box. Upgrade recording capacity by adding an external USB hard drive. (USB hard drive sold separately)
- Tablo: the live TV app: Enjoy Tablo apps on iOS & android mobile devices, computers, Smart TVs, streaming media & gaming devices, including Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and XBOX
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.