There are countless smart locks out there these days, and it seems like the vast majority of them work with Alexa. It’s easy to see why, of course, since Alexa is so popular right now. Not all smart locks are created equal though, and there are a bunch out there that are unreliable and over-complicated. Check out the 3rd Generation August Smart Lock instead. August is one of the best brands in the business and the company’s latest lock is its most affordably model yet. It also happens to be absolutely gorgeous and incredibly easy to install, so you really can’t go wrong.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). Requires 110-240V
- Secure, keyless entry for your smart home. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone.
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt, so everyone can still use their keys.
- Stop hiding keys under rocks. Send guest keys from anywhere instantly—all from the August app.
- Control access for anyone. Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, a few minutes. It’s up to you.
- Be sure you are secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSenseTM to tell you the door is completely closed and locked. Requires ios (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones
- Locks automatically as you leave and unlocks when you arrive.
- Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.