At this point, you’re pretty much crazy if you use old incandescent bulbs at this point bulbs. Pricing on LED bulbs has plummeted in recent years, and they use so much less electricity than comparable incandescent bulbs that you end up saving tons of money down the road. They also last for tens of thousands of hours, so you practically never need to replace them. Not all LED bulbs are created equal though, and you should definitely check out Amazon’s current sale on our favorites, the Philips LED Non-Dimmable A19 Frosted Light Bulb. The per-bulb price for the 16-pack is $1.67 right now — and if you need the dimmable version, they’re just $3.37 a bulb.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Philips A19 LED light bulbs provide 800 lumens of soft white light, equivalent to 60-watt incandescents with 80% less energy use. These bulbs fit standard medium base (E26) fixtures with the look and feel of a classic bulb
- At 2700-Kelvin, these soft white bulbs offer warm and comfortable lighting with high CRI (color rendering index) to deliver bright, crisp color ideal for whole room ambient light as well as in area lamps
- These high-value Philips LEDs offer durable, shatter-free plastic construction. Philips LEDs turn on instantly with energy-efficient flicker-free, natural light that won’t degrade over time
- LED light bulbs last up to 10X longer than incandescent and halogen bulbs. Unlike fluorescent and compact fluorescent bulbs, Philips LEDs are mercury-free so they don’t contribute to hazardous waste.Not for use with Philips HUE products
- Each bulb in this pack of 16 A19 Philips LEDs is expected to deliver a lifetime of up to 10,950 hours and over 10 years (based on three hours per day), saving you the cost and hassle of frequent bulb replacement
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.