Apple’s new MacBook Pro laptops are fantastic, but it’s also a big step backwards from the previous-generation model in one important way: Apple killed MagSafe. The magnetic charger port that so many people have to thank for preventing their laptops from flying off a table when someone stepped on their power cords is now gone. Thankfully, however, it only costs $19 to get it back. The Power Trend Fast Charging 86W Reversible Magnetic USB-C Cable adds a MagSafe style magnetic charging port to any laptop that uses USB-C for power. This cable could very well be the difference between a close call and a smashed $2,000 laptop.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Strong Magnetic Protection: magnetic interface charge within 1 second, no need worry about disconnecting or dropping off in charging your type c devices when no one’s around.(Reversible magnetic connector charging)
- Fast Charging Speed: up to 20V/4.3A, this magnetic type C charging cable has faster charger speed than other charger cable, full charge your MacBook less than 2 hours(with one 45W PD adapter), it is absolutely high quality and high efficiency. (only for Charging, NO data transfer)
- L Side Right Angle Design: this magnetic usb c cable adopted L side interface design to avoid clutter layout and winding, fit your MacBook perfectly and keep desk clean, give you a good mood.
- Durable Materials: with high quality aluminum metal interface and nylon braided material cable, this magnetic c cable has high melting point, high strength, better wear resistance and anti-corrosive properties than other cable.
- Compatible Devices: USB Type C laptops, such as New Macbook Pro/Macbook Air/Macbook, Chromebook Pixel, Samsung Galaxy Book, HP Spectrex360, Microsoft Surface Book, Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell XPS,etc. Type C Smartphones, such as Samsung S8, Huawei P9&P10, HTC10, LG Nexus 5X, Xiao MI 6s,etc.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.