When your power goes out during a storm, the outage typically only lasts for a few hours at most. Those few hours can seem like an eternity when your Wi-Fi goes down, though. Sure you can use your phone and burn through all your mobile data, or you can pick up a simple $55 device that’ll keep your home Wi-Fi network alive the entire time. The APC 600VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector is being discounted right now on Amazon, and it packs more than enough power to keep your modem and router alive during a blackout. It turns on automatically when the power goes out so you don’t have to do a thing, and you can even connect your laptop and mobile devices to recharge them.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- 600VA / 330W UPS Battery Backup Power Supply
- 7 Total Outlets: 5 Battery Backup plus Surge Protection; 2 Surge Protection Only
- One USB Charging Port (1.5A). Output Frequency (sync to mains) : 47 – 63 Hz
- Replaceable Battery (APCRBC154 sold separately)
- 5′ Power Cord (right-angle 3-prong wall plug), wall-mountable holes, plus FREE PowerChute power-management software
- Backed by APC’s 3 Year Warranty
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.