When your power goes out during a storm, the outage typically only lasts for a few hours at most. Those few hours can seem like an eternity when your Wi-Fi goes down, though. Sure you can use your phone and burn through all your mobile data, or you can pick up a simple $55 device that’ll keep your home Wi-Fi network alive the entire time. The APC 600VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector is being discounted right now on Amazon, and it packs more than enough power to keep your modem and router alive during a blackout. It turns on automatically when the power goes out so you don’t have to do a thing, and you can even connect your laptop and mobile devices to recharge them.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- 600VA / 330W UPS Battery Backup Power Supply
- 7 Total Outlets: 5 Battery Backup plus Surge Protection; 2 Surge Protection Only
- One USB Charging Port (1.5A). Output Frequency (sync to mains) : 47 – 63 Hz
- Replaceable Battery (APCRBC154 sold separately)
- 5′ Power Cord (right-angle 3-prong wall plug), wall-mountable holes, plus FREE PowerChute power-management software
- Backed by APC’s 3 Year Warranty
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.