If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
August’s new 3rd-generation smart lock lineup is great, but the 2nd-Generation August Smart Lock is still a fantastic option for anyone shopping for a connected lock that won’t break the bank. Aside from some hardware changes, the only difference in functionality between the 2nd-gen lock and the 3rd-gen August Smart Lock Pro is a new feature that can sense when your door is open or closed. It’s a nifty feature, don’t get us wrong, but it’s hardly a necessity.
With that in mind, it’s absolutely insane that Amazon is selling 2nd-gen August Smart Locks right now for just $100. Inventory is going to sell out very quickly and there’s a good chance that this pricing is a mistake, so you’d better order one ASAP.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
UPDATE: The $100 locks sold out quickly, just like we said they would. The price at the time of this update was $139 though, which is still a fantastic deal.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.