What’s the point of having a compact little dongle connected to the back of your TV if it means having yet another cord running down that needs to be plugged into yet another wall outlet? It’s annoying, yes, but what you might not know is that there’s a better way. If you have a streaming dongle like the Roku Streaming Stick or Fire TV Stick, you should definitely drop $5.99 on a Mission Cables Mini USB Cable. Instead of plugging your device into a power outlet, this little cable connects your dongle to the USB port on the back of your TV for power. No muss, no fuss, and no messy cables hanging down from your TV.
Here are some notes from the product page:
- Eliminates the need for an AC power outlet. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ROKU STREAMING STICK+.
- Ideal length for powering Roku Streaming Stick from your TV’s USB port.
- Declutters TV area by replacing long USB cables that can hang out from behind TV.
- Note: This mini power cable replaces the 60″ jumbo USB cable included with Roku.
- Roku Streaming Stick not included (TVPower cable only)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.