Talk about perfect timing! Apple just released its new iOS 11.2 update for its iPhone and iPad lineup, and it brings with it a fantastic new feature for Apple’s newer iPhones. The iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 8 all feature wireless charging support, but out of the box they only support the old, slow wireless charging standard from years ago. As of Monday, however, they now support faster 7.5W wireless charging once updated to iOS 11.2.
Now, for the part about perfect timing. It just so happens that we have a special coupon to slash 20% off the price of our favorite wireless charging pad, the RAVPower Fast Wireless Charger. This premium wireless charger is made out of sleek aluminum instead of cheap plastic like most chargers, and it has much better power management as well. It’s worth every penny at $49.99, but the coupon code TV2PAH4O drops the price to just $39.99. This price is good until the end of the month or while supplies last, so definitely grab one or two while you can.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Note: Whether your iPhone is being standard charged, fast charged, or fully charged, the LED will stay orange and NOT turn green as iPhones do not send any signal to the wireless charger. Please do not place anything between your iPhone and charger, or the latter will not work.
- 7.5W wireless charging for newest iPhone X / 8 Plus / 8 is enabled in the latest iOS 11.2 update – faster than traditional 3.5W-5W wireless chargers
- Compatible with All Qi-Enabled Phones: Includes iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus; non-Qi enabled phones are still compatible but will require a Qi wireless charging cover to power up
- Fast & Free 24W QC 3.0 Adapter: Includes a powerful Quick Charge 3. 0 adapter that boosts the max output to 10W so selected Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, or Microsoft Lumia phones can charge even faster
- Portable, Practical, Stylish, and Safe: Lightweight, take anywhere size with silicone anti-skid design to prevent sliding; smart battery indicator; built-in over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature protection systems
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.