Every time we write about cable modems here at the BGR Deals team, we get thank you emails. Every. Single. Time. Why? It’s simple: ISPs overcharge for cable and internet service, so people love learning that they can steal some money back from their cable provider each month. If you’re not already away, all you need to do is pick up a good cable modem like the TP-Link TC-7610 High Speed Cable Modem, which is compatible with Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, and most other standard providers. Set it up in place of your current modem, activate using the included instructions, and then return your current modem you your cable company. Once you do that, you’ll chop either $96 or $120 off your internet bill each year, depending on how much your cable company charges for its modem rental fee.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
* ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
* CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
* ISP CERTIFIED – Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
* FASTER DOWNLOADS – Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
* INDUSTRY STANDARD – DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
* BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE – CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
* LEADING SUPPORT – Industry leading 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.