If you have a standard cable internet provider like Comcast, Spectrum/Time Warner Cable/Charter, and so on, it’s high time you met the TP-LINK DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Cable Modem. Trust us, this little device is about to simultaneously become your best friend and your ISP’s worst enemy. You see, cable companies charge you an extra $8-$10 each month forever, just for the right to use their modem to access the internet. In other words, you’re paying them between $96 and $120 annually solely for the ability to pay them $40, $50, $60 or more per month for internet. Pretty crazy, no? Get this TP-LINK modem, activate it using the instructions in the box, and then return the modem you have now to your cable company. That extra charge will be removed from your bill as soon as you return the old modem.
Here are some of the important notes from the product page:
* ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
* CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
* ISP CERTIFIED – Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
* FASTER DOWNLOADS – Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
* INDUSTRY STANDARD – DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
* BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE – CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
* LEADING SUPPORT – Industry leading 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support
UPDATE: Looks like it’s sold out at the $39.99 price point, but there’s plenty left at $45, which is still a fantastic price considering you’ll save $96+ in the first year alone…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.