We tell you nearly every time there’s a sale on a good cable modem. Why? Because we want every single one of our readers to know that they don’t have to pay between $8 and $10 per month — which adds up to between $96 and $120 per year — to rent a modem from their cable company. This time around, it’s the TP-Link AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem that’s on sale. This well-reviewed unit integrates a blazing-fast Wi-Fi router into the cable modem so you can take care of all your internet needs with one device. It’s on sale right now for a couple bucks off, but it pays for itself in just over a year anyway.
Here are some of the key details from the product listing:
* ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
* CABLE MODEM ROUTER – This will serve as both your Cable Modem and WiFi Router
* ISP CERTIFIED – Great for Cable Internet plans up to 300Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
* FASTER WIFI SPEEDS – Up to 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with simultaneous 2.4GHz (up to 450Mbps) and 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) bands
* FASTER DOWNLOADS – Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels
* INCREASED WIFI RANGE – Six internal antennas and high-powered amplifiers boost signal strength and reduce interference
* CLASS-LEADING – Up to 680Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 cable download speeds, 16x faster than DOCSIS 2.0
* LEADING SUPPORT – Industry leading 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support
Already happy with your current Wi-Fi router? Here’s a standalone cable modem for just $45:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.