Ever since Apple unveiled the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, mobile accessory companies have been tripping over themselves trying to get us to test their wireless charging pads. At this point, we’ve probably been through about 20 different models. So far the $10 Yootech Wireless Charging Pad is our favorite budget charger, and the Satechi Fast Wireless Charger is our top pick for a sleek, ultra-thin charger made of aluminum. But we just came across a new option that we really had to share with you.
Among all the chargers we’ve tested so far, the RAVPower Fast Wireless Charger is perhaps the most impressive. It’s a bit pricy at $39.99, but it’s worth every penny. This model has a heft to it that low-cost chargers don’t, thanks to its premium construction and high-end materials. It supports fast wireless charging up to 7.5W, and it’s a must-have for discerning users.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- The fast wireless charging for newest iPhone will become available in a later iOS 11 update. Current iOS cannot support 7.5W fast charge. As of right now, standard charging is all it supports. Supports future iPhone 8 / 8 Plus / X up to 7.5W Charging: 50% faster than traditional 3.5W – 5W wireless chargers with a maximum 7.5W output.
- Compatible with All Qi-Enabled Phones: Includes the new iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, and S6 Edge Plus; non-Qi enabled phones are still compatible but will require a Qi wireless charging cover to power up
- Wireless Charging, Unlimited Freedom: Place on the pad for instant wireless charging; no cables or wires needed to be connected to your phone
- Fast & Free 24W QC 3.0 Adapter: Includes a powerful Quick Charge 3. 0 adapter that boosts the max output to 10W so selected Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, or Microsoft Lumia phones can charge even faster
- Portable, Practical, Stylish, and Safe: Lightweight, take anywhere size with silicone anti-skid design to prevent sliding; smart battery indicator; built-in over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature protection systems
UPDATE: The bad news is all of the $40 inventory is sold out. But the sort-of-good news is that another seller still has inventory, but it’ll cost you an extra $10.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.