Amazon has two new Echo speaker models set to launch next week, but the more notable version is the Echo Plus that will be Amazon’s lower-cost followup to the original Echo speaker. It packs some improvements and $150 is a solid price, but you can get the original version for just over half that now that a new model is incoming. The Certified Refurbished Amazon Echo is discounted right now on Amazon to just $79.99 as the company looks to clear inventory ahead of next week’s launch. This matches the Echo’s lowest price ever, and inventory definitely won’t last at this price.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- A Certified Refurbished Amazon Echo is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.