If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Some cable companies go out of their way to make sure you don’t know about an incredibly easy way to shave $100 or more off of your Internet bill each year. If you’re using a modem provided by your ISP, that company is charging you a monthly fee of between $8 and $10 to rent it. What you might not be aware of is that you can buy your own cable modem, return the one you’ve rented, and eliminate that fee entirely. Check out the D-Link DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, which is on sale right now on Amazon for just $29.99. That’s right — all you need to do in order to save $100+ a year is buy a $30 box.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router)
- Integrated home services
- Maximum downstream speeds: 30 Mbps (640QAM) / 43 Mbps (256QAM) / up to 320 Mbps through 8 channel bonding1 .Maximum upstream speeds: 30 Mbps (TDMA) / 35 Mbps (SCDMA) / up to 160 Mbps1
- Modem only. Router not included
- Compatible with major US cable providers, including Comcast, Time Warner and more
Looking for a cable modem that supports faster speeds? Try this one for $45:
- 1 FDA-authorized Powecom KN95 masks certified by NIOSH to work even better than 3M N95 masks are discounted for Black Friday!
- 2 AccuMed Face Mask, Protective Face Mask (10 Count)
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 4 PURELL 902210BX Sanitizing Hand Wipes, 5 x 7, 100/Box
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.