Upgrading the devices in and around your home to “smart” devices can be a costly endeavor, but that’s the price for wanting to live a connected life, right? Well, not really. If you’re smart about it, you can save some serious cash by using newer technology to help you. Here’s a perfect example: instead of replacing your current garage door opener with a connected model, pick up a Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage. This brilliant device works with any garage door opener you already have and lets you control it from your iPhone or Android phone from anywhere in the world!
Here’s what you need to know from Amazon’s product page:
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone.
- Choose to receive alerts/notifications on your smartphone when you garage door opens and closes.
- Works with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors. Compatibility: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th and 5th generation)iPad can run the iPhone version of the app,
- Android Smartphones, Most Android Tablets, Blackberry, Windows and Other Devices
- Installs in minutes and works with your home’s Wi-Fi, via the FREE Chamberlain MyQ Garage App.
- Included: Wi-Fi Hub, Power Cord, Mounting Bracket, Door Sensor, Instructions for FREE App download.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.