Right from day one, the HTC U11 was the hottest flagship smartphone that HTC had ever released. It’s ridiculously powerful, insanely fast, and surprisingly powerful. The awesome colorful design is also fantastic, featuring a gorgeous look that’s like nothing else from any other smartphone company. Starting last week, however, the U11 gained a feature that pushes it over the top: full Alexa support. There are other phones out there with limited Alexa integration, and there are even third-party Alexa apps you can install on any phone. The HTC U11 features full “Hey Alexa” support though, which basically makes it an Amazon Echo that fits in your pocket (and that packs all the functionality of a smartphone, of course). If you’re on the lookout for a new smartphone, definitely give the HTC U11 a look.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- WORLD’S FIRST SMARTPHONE WITH HANDS-FREE AMAZON ALEXA: Always on microphone activates Alexa on the go by simply saying “Alexa” Amazon’s voice assistant will respond anywhere and anytime – no app to tap, no buttons to push.
- HIGHEST RATED SMARTPHONE CAMERA EVER: DXO mark of 90: 16 MP front facing camera and 12MP UltraPixel rear-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilization, HDR Boost, and UltraSpeed Autofocus.
- WORLD’S FIRST EDGE SENSE SQUEEZE: Squeeze the sides of the phone to open and interact with your favorite features; open the camera, take photos, take a screen shot, turn on flashlight, open apps and activate voice assistants.
- STUNNING DESIGN: Sleek curved glass wrapped around a rigid metal frame with 5.5” Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Quad HD Display. IP67 water and dust resistance. Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with octa-core processor.
- BEST-IN-CLASS AUDIO: Dual BoomSound™ Hi-Fi Speakers, USonic noise cancelling headphones, personalized audio profiles.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.