We’ve pretty much all gotten used to tapping out text on our glass smartphone screens, but there’s still something to be said for writing with a pen and paper. It’s still faster for most people, and banging out text on your iPhone isn’t always appropriate in every situation. At the same time, writing on a pad means you’re left with physical sheets of paper, and no one wants to deal with that. This is why the Livescribe 3 Smartpen is such a cool device. You can take notes or write whatever else you want on a physical piece of paper, but all your text or drawings sync straight to your iPhone or Android device. It’s an awesome product, and it’s discounted right now on Amazon.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Connects to your iOS and Android devices via Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) to sync everything you write or draw to the free Live scribe+ app
- The quickest, simplest way to bring valuable information from paper onto your tablet and smartphone, where it becomes more useful
- Uses your smartphone or tablet’s microphone to record audio that’s synchronized to everything you write on paper
- Once your notes are in the Live scribe+ mobile app, you can organize, tag, play back audio and send/share notes to any of the devices you use
- Search your handwritten notes and convert what you write into digital text with amazing accuracy.
- Built-in memory on the smartpen captures and stores your notes, allowing you to sync to up to 4 iOS and Android devices
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.