I borrowed a friend’s $150,000 Mercedes not too long ago. It’s an incredible car, no doubt, but there were two features in particular that really stood out for me. One was the massaging seats, which are seriously the greatest things I have ever experienced in a car. A close second was the head-up display, or HUD, which is awesome. The HUD projects info onto the windshield of your car just at the bottom of your line of sight, so you don’t have to take your eyes off the road to see things like speed and navigation instructions.
Well guess what: you don’t need a $150,000 Mercedes to get a HUD in your car. Check out the Mpow Universal HUD, which sits on your windshield and transforms your iPhone or Android phone into a full-features head-up display.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- HIGH REFLECTION & TRANSPARENCY: The reflective display is coated with 20nm-thick-chromimum, a unique material that makes the display reflect image very clearly while keeping transparency well at the same time. Even in poor lighting condition or direct sunlight, you just need to adjust the brightness of your cellphone’s screen, then the glass will display clear view.
- LONG-TERM GLOSSY DISPLAY: The ordinary display will turn yellow after using over a long time. Treated with a special antioxidative process, our display takes on long-term glossy appearance and maintains good resistance to corrosion.
- STRONG ADHESIVE MATERIAL: Provided with a flat friction pad made from PU, our HUD will well hold your phone and prevent it from sliding on the dash. The flat pad is very wear-resisting, and has high adhesion. Even cleaned for many times, the pad still keeps good stickness. What’s more,it works well in high temperature, so you don’t need worry it.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION AND PRACTICAL USE: Just open an app that supports HUD and put your phone on the pad. No more projectors required, NO OBD compatible problems. Adjusting the organic glass board to appropriate angle according to individual visual angle.. No more projectors required, NO OBD compatible problems. Adjusting the organic glass board to appropriate angle according to individual visual angle.
- SAFE TO DRIVE: The reflected image is displayed directly in line of sight, allowing you to check speed settings and navigation instructions while keeping your eyes on the road. Road view will not be sheltered.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.