With each new smartphone generation we move closer and closer to having our smartphone control anything and everything in our lives. This is especially true now that companies are trying to add “smart” connectivity to all of their products. There are some things we still own that don’t connect as easily to our smartphones as other things, or perhaps the smart interfaces aren’t as smart as we’d like them to be. When it comes to your home entertainment setup, there’s one great device that transforms your iPhone into the ultimate universal remote that controls any and all of your gear. The Pronto Smart Universal Remote Control also couples with the Peel app, which is a fantastic image-based TV guide. I bought my Peel years ago for about $50, and it’s still my favorite iPhone accessory to this day. At $15, it’s a no-brainer.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Compatible with iOS and select Android devices
- Pronto works together with Peel Smart Remote app and Nexus 5, LG G2, Moto X, Sony XperiaZ, all Huawei phones, Samsung Note 5, S7.
- Pronto works together with Peel Smart Remote app and Apple Watch, iPhone 6, 6plus, 6s, 6s plus, 5, 5c, 5s, 4s, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 3rd, 4th gen, iPod touch.
- Sleek, simplified design. Pronto, about the size of a salt shaker, fits even in the smallest of spaces where you can store it together with all of your other entertainment devices to keep your entertainment center clutter-free of boxes and cables.
- Reliable connection and multiple user support.
- Long battery life: Battery lifetime up to 1 year, 4 AA alkaline batteries included.
- Easy setup: Create your custom entertainment control center through the Peel app. Please refer the User Guide before use.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.