Amazon’s smart speaker team has been pretty quiet since the Echo Dot was released early last year, but that silence was just broken. Behold: the brand new Amazon Echo Show. The Echo Show is Amazon’s first Echo-branded device to feature a display and an integrated camera, facilitating a nifty new video calling service. The display does much more than that, of course, displaying things like the weather, to-do lists, and shopping lists upon command.
The Echo Show is now officially shipping so if you didn’t pre-order one, now is your chance to see what all the buzz is about. Of note, you can still get $100 off the purchase of two or more units if you use the coupon code SHOW2PACK at checkout.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Watch video flash briefings and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Introducing a new way to be together. Make hands-free video calls to friends and family who have an Echo Show or the Alexa App, and make voice calls to anyone who has an Echo or Echo Dot.
- See lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music. Just ask to play a song, artist or genre, and stream over Wi-Fi. Also, stream music on Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response
- Ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo. Turn on lights, control thermostats and more with WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and other compatible smart home devices.
- With eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Show hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Allrecipes, CNN, and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.