Remember when Amazon first announced the Echo (which is currently on sale at its lowest price ever) and people didn’t really know what to make of Alexa? Well Amazon had a vision and that vision has been realized. In fact, even Amazon probably didn’t know how big Alexa was going to get. These days, everyone wants to be able to control everything in their homes using Alexa, and for good reason. Alexa adds a layer of simplicity and elegance to the smart home category that the industry sorely needed. In this post, we’ll lay out five different categories of device that you can, and absolutely should, control with Alexa. Trust us… once you go Alexa, you never go back.
Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
- The next generation of our bestselling Fire TV Stick. The most powerful streaming media stick under $50–now with the Alexa Voice Remote.
- Enjoy over 15,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, YouTube, Amazon Video, NBC, WatchESPN, Disney, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, “Play Game of Thrones” or “Launch Netflix” and Alexa will respond instantly. Plus, play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more—just ask.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch the best of live TV and sports from AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FOX, and others with a subscription to DIRECTV NOW, or top-rated primetime shows with CBS All Access.
- Find the best way to watch with universal search results from over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, members can add over 100 premium and specialty channels like HBO and SHOWTIME—no cable or satellite subscription necessary.
- Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug Fire TV Stick into any TV’s HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi, and continue watching.
- Play current favorites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen
Nest Learning Thermostat
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Auto-Schedule: Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week.
- Home/Away Assist: Nest automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy.
- Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When the Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy Star: First thermostat to earn Energy Star. Your thermostat controls half your energy bill – more than appliances, more than electronics. Saving energy starts with your Thermostat.
- Energy History: Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why.
- Nest Leaf: You’ll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.
ecobee4 Alexa-Enabled Thermostat with Sensor
- Comes with built-in Alexa Voice Service, so you can ask your ecobee to set a timer, read you the news, adjust the temperature, and more. With Far-field voice technology your ecobee4 can hear you from across the room.
- Room sensors help manage hot and cold spots in your home, delivering comfort to the rooms that matter most.
- Easily adjust temperature and comfort settings from anywhere using your Android and iOS devices. Also works with Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT and more
- Save an average 23% on heating and cooling costs each year. Learn more at ecobee.com/savings.
- Fast, easy installation you can do yourself. Use our handy step-by-step guide right on your phone.
Sensi Smart Thermostat
- Ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Smart Thermostat” by J.D. Power
- Works with HVAC systems in most homes (no “C-wire” required for many HVAC applications). Refer to Sensi’s online compatibility resources to verify compatibility in your home.
- Connect Sensi thermostat to your home Wi-Fi network and control from anywhere via free mobile app (compatible with Android and iOS)
- Features geofencing for location-based temperature control and 7-day flexible scheduling to help reduce wasteful heating and cooling when no one is home
- Quick and easy installation in as little as 15 minutes. The Sensi app includes a step-by-step installation guide and video tutorial
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) and Wink app (no Wink hub required)
Your door locks
August Smart Lock
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
- Your Smartphone is now your key – touch to open convenience with the 2nd generation Kevo
- 2nd Gen Kevo App provides faster and more reliable connection. Smaller and sleeker metal interior with improved install experience
- NOW get FREE ekeys! Send and manage eKey access via smartphone – receive notifications and monitor lock history
- Works with Fob (sold separately) or traditional key with new advanced SmartKey security
- Works with select iOS and Android devices (wider compatibility with updated Google Play Kevo app which determines full and partial compatibility) – please check compatibility (below) before purchase
- Smart Home compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Ring Doorbell, Skybell, Nest Learning Thermostat, select Honeywell Thermostats, Android Wear and IFTTT
Schlage Connect BE469NX CAM 619 Touchscreen Deadbolt
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Touch Screen keypad and lock cylinder on exterior and thumb turn interior
- Stores up to 30 personalized user codes at a time
- Built-in alarm with 3 alert settings
- Z-wave technology connects to your home automation system and lets you lock or unlock your door remotely via the web or smartphone
- Battery operated and fit standard door prep
- ANSI Grade 1 Highest Residential Security
- Durable Resistive Touchscreen with matte finish to protect against fingerprints and smudges
Sengled Element Classic Programmable LED Bulb
- SMART SCHEDULING: program lights to turn on and off at specific times, or turn on or off remotely
- ENERGY SAVING: LED bulbs use 80% less energy than incandescent, and last for 20+ years
- APP CONTROL: use our iOS or Android app to adjust the light, set schedules and monitor electricity use (kWh) on your mobile device or tablet from anywhere
- AMAZON ALEXA COMPATIBLE: Sengled Element hub (not included) required for use
- SMART HOME INTEGRATION: works with Samsung SmartThings, AT&T Digital Life (hub required)
TP-Link Smart LED Light Bulb
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 60 Watt Equivalent, 2700K Soft White
- Control your lights from anywhere with your tablet or smartphone using the free kasa app (Android 4.1 or higher / iOS 8 or higher)
- Dim brightness to customize Lighting and suit your mood
- Set schedules, timers, and countdowns and have your lights work around your life
Philips 468058 Hue White A19 Light Bulbs
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming through voice control (hub required, Alexa device and Philips hub sold separately)
- This hue white a19 LED light bulb is a great extension to your hue connected light ecosystem. With a brightness of 800 lumens, the E26 medium based bulb can replace any standard bulb in your home
- With a life of 22.8 years, this hue bulb will provide long lasting, brilliant, dimmable connected light
- The hue white 60 watt equivalent bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, saving 138.87 in energy costs over the life of the bulb
- This smooth dimming white light provides soft warm light at 2700 kelvin. Hue bridge or dimmer kit required for operation
TP-Link Smart Plug
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control
- Remote Access: Control devices connected to the Smart Plug wherever you have Internet using the free Kasa app on your smartphone
- Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your tablet or smartphone using the free Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android 4.1 or higher & iOS8 or higher)
- Use Away-Mode to turn devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home while you are away
- Easy to use and install. Just plug a device into the Smart Plug and connect to your Wi-Fi network. 120VAC Volt Compatible
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.