Last year’s Ecobee3 was by far our favorite smart thermostat, combining all of the intelligent features we’ve come to expect with the convenience of Alexa and HomeKit integration. We’ve recommended it time and time again and if you listened to our recommendation, you made a fantastic decision. But now there’s a new model available from Ecobee, and it offers one huge new feature that last year’s model doesn’t have. While the Ecobee3 can be controlled by Alexa, the new Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat can actually replace the need for an Echo speaker. Using far-field mic technology, you can speak your “Hey Alexa” commands from anywhere in proximity of the thermostat and Alexa will do your bidding. Did you ever think you’d be able to control your lights, door locks, and all your other smart home gadgets from your thermostat?
Here are some more key details from the product page:
- Comes with built-in Alexa Voice Service, so you can ask your ecobee to set a timer, read you the news, adjust the temperature, and more. With Far-field voice technology your ecobee4 can hear you from across the room.
- Room sensors help manage hot and cold spots in your home, delivering comfort to the rooms that matter most.
- Easily adjust temperature and comfort settings from anywhere using your Android and iOS devices. Also works with Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT and more
- Save an average 23% on heating and cooling costs each year. Learn more at ecobee.com/savings.
- Fast, easy installation you can do yourself. Use our handy step-by-step guide right on your phone.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.