If you drive a $100,000+ Mercedes or some other premium car with a head-up display, you know very well how awesome the feature is. Referred to as a “HUD” for short, head-up displays beam graphics directly onto a special area on the windshield that is just at the bottom of the driver’s line of sight. No one else in the car can see the display, and it shows key info like speed, odometer readings, alerts, and even turn-by-turn navigation directions.
Well, we have some very good news: you don’t need to drive a $100,000 car to enjoy the experience afforded by a HUD. The Mpow Universal Head Up Display works in any car on the road, and it instantly transforms your iPhone or Android phone into a HUD with even more features than any stock head-up display on the market.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- HIGH REFLECTION & TRANSPARENCY: The reflective display is coated with 20nm-thick-chromimum, a unique material that makes the display reflect image very clearly while keeping transparency well at the same time. Even in poor lighting condition or direct sunlight, you just need to adjust the brightness of your cellphone’s screen, then the glass will display clear view.
- LONG-TERM GLOSSY DISPLAY: The ordinary display will turn yellow after using over a long time. Treated with a special antioxidative process, our display takes on long-term glossy appearance and maintains good resistance to corrosion.
- STRONG ADHESIVE MATERIAL: Provided with a flat friction pad made from PU, our HUD will well hold your phone and prevent it from sliding on the dash. The flat pad is very wear-resisting, and has high adhesion. Even cleaned for many times, the pad still keeps good stickness. What’s more,it works well in high temperature, so you don’t need worry it.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION AND PRACTICAL USE: Just open an app that supports HUD and put your phone on the pad. No more projectors required, NO OBD compatible problems. Adjusting the organic glass board to appropriate angle according to individual visual angle.. No more projectors required, NO OBD compatible problems. Adjusting the organic glass board to appropriate angle according to individual visual angle.
- SAFE TO DRIVE: The reflected image is displayed directly in line of sight, allowing you to check speed settings and navigation instructions while keeping your eyes on the road. Road view will not be sheltered.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.