On Wednesday, Amazon held a sweet one-day sale on the Echo Dot that knocked an even 20% off the price, dropping it down to $39.99. The Echo Dot is already Amazon’s most affordable smart speaker with Alexa at $50, so slashing it even further to $40 is a big deal. The bad news is that sale is now over and the Dot is back up to $50 on Amazon’s website. But the good news is that if you’re willing to pick up a refurbished Echo Dot, you can get one right now for even less than what Amazon was charging in yesterday’s sale price. Amazon refurbs are guaranteed and covered by a warranty, so there’s really no reason to worry.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- A Certified Refurbished Echo Dot is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.