Amazon is now a key player in the consumer electronics industry, with products spanning eBook readers, tablets, set-top boxes, and of course, smart speakers. That last category is the latest one that Amazon is solely responsible for popularizing, and the smart speaker that started it all is on sale right now at its lowest price of the year so far. The bad news is that the Amazon Echo discount you can enjoy right now is part of a Mother’s Day sale, and tomorrow is Mother’s Day 2017. That means today is your last day to take advantage of this special deal, because the price goes back up to $180 beginning tomorrow.
Here’s what you need to know, from Amazon’s Echo page:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
And if you want to spend even less money, the refurbished Amazon Echo is on sale right now, too.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.