If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The Amazon Echo is the speaker that started it all, having introduced the world to the Alexa virtual personal assistant for the first time. Now, after all this time, the Echo is still Amazon’s best Alexa speaker. The less expensive Echo Dot is a fantastic addition to Amazon’s lineup, as is the Amazon Tap, but the Echo has better range and higher-quality speakers than any other model. Of course, better quality also means a bigger price tag.
From now through next Saturday, May 13, the Amazon Echo costs just $149.99 in either black or white. It’s the first time in 2017 that Amazon has run a sale on brand new Echo speakers (the refurbished Amazon Echo has been on sale since last week). That’s a nice discount from the standard $180 price point, so definitely get in on the action while you can.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.