Earlier this week, we told you about a big sale Amazon is running on refurbished Echo speakers. $134.99 is a fantastic price for a certified refurbished (and warrantied) Amazon Echo, but some people prefer to stick to brand new devices. There’s no problem with that, of course, and we have some great news for you. With Mother’s Day right around the corner, Amazon just slashed the price of its brand new Amazon Echo speaker for the first time this year.
From now through the end of the day on May 13, Amazon is chopping $30 off the price of a new Amazon Echo speaker in either black or white. That drops the price of the top-of-the-line Amazon Echo down to $149.99, which is just $20 more than the mid-range Amazon Tap. It’s a killer deal, but it won’t last so definitely grab one while you can.
Here are some key details from the Echo product page:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.