At this point, you’re pretty much insane if you buy any “smart” gadgets that aren’t compatible with Alexa. Amazon’s virtual personal assistant is taking over the world, and any gadgets that don’t support Alexa skills are going to be obsolete before you know it. Of course, some Alexa-enabled gadgets can be pretty pricey, and not everyone wants to cough up that kind of cash. The Nest thermostat is a perfect example: It’s awesome, but $250 is a lot for a thermostat, even if it is going to save you money on your energy bill each month.
Want a fantastic alternative that’s only a fraction of the price? Check out the iDevices Thermostat. It works with Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant, and it’s way more affordable than any comparable devices.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Customize the temperature of your home from anywhere with the iDevices Thermostat. Use Siri or Alexa voice commands and custom scenes (i.e. “Bedtime”) to make your home cozy when you’re there, and save money when you’re not. Quickly adjust temperatures no matter where you are with the free iDevices Connected app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- No Hub or Subscriptions – With the iDevices Thermostat, your home’s Wi-Fi and an iPhone device is all you need.
- Voice Control – The iDevices Thermostat responds to Siri or Alexa voice commands, letting you control your home without even picking up your phone.
- Access Anywhere – Control and monitor the iDevices Thermostat from wherever you are using your iPhone or Android device. No Apple TV needed.
- Works with most heating and cooling systems – Requires a common “C” wire
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.