Amazon’s virtual personal assistant Alexa is awesome, but it does have a few drawbacks. Namely, it isn’t available everywhere we want it to be. Sure, Alexa isn’t just confined to Amazon’s own speakers like the Amazon Echo anymore, since third-party hardware developers now have access to Alexa for free. Even still, there’s only one smartphone out there with official access to Alexa — wouldn’t it be cool if every smartphone had Alexa baked in?
We’re not sure that will ever be the case, but here’s the good news: the ZeroTouch Air Vent Car Mount and the ZeroTouch Dashboard Car Mount will add Alexa to any Android phone while you’re in the car, and both models are on sale on Amazon right now. Both models are on sale for 50%, but only for a short amount of time.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- ZEROTOUCH: The only car mount with voice control and Alexa integration VOICE AND GESTURE INTERFACE: Control your phone with a wave and the sound of your voice. For Alexa skills, simply wave and say “Alexa….”
- JUST ASK ALEXA: Wave to activate your phone, then speak as you would with Alexa at home
- HANDS-FREE: Text, Calling, Chat, Music, Navigation, Email, and Calendar.
- COMPATIBILITY: Smartphones running Android OS 5.0 or later and Bluetooth Smart technology (Android only). Data and mobile plan required
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Data and mobile plan required. For full music functionality, an active account with Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Music, or SoundCloud is required. Not compatible with Amazon Prime Music
- MAGNETIC AIR VENT MOUNT: Mount is required to activate the Alexa and voice control app
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Allow Logitech to demonstrate its focus on customer service. Contact Logitech Customer Support for technical assistance and satisfaction guarantee
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.