Unless you’re totally addicted to channel hopping and you can’t be bothered to watch on demand content as opposed to live television, there’s really no reason to subscribe to pay TV anymore. There are so many great services out there that stream tens of thousands of hours of content for next to nothing, and you can get all of the major networks for free in high-quality 1080p Full HD. So seriously… why are you still paying for cable?
In this post, we’ll show you four devices that will let you cut the cord with ease.
First, you’ll need a streaming box so you can watch Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now and every other service. We recommend the Roku Premiere+.
Roku Premiere+ Streaming Media Player
- Perfect for HD and 4K Ultra HD TVs, features fast quad-core processor and 802.11ac dual-band wireless.
- 4K Ultra HD at 60fps with four times the resolution of 1080p HD, delivering crisp detail and brilliant, life-like images.
- Vibrant HDR displaying an incredible range of colors, brighter whites, and deeper blacks.
- Enhanced point anywhere remote with headphones for private listening.
- Unbiased search across top channels. Find where it’s free or cheapest to watch.
Next up, you’re going to need an HDTV antenna that gets you live broadcast TV in FHD from every major network for free.
Vansky Indoor Amplified HDTV Antenna
- FREE CHANNELS — Cut the cable and get access to your local news, weather, sitcoms, kids and sports programs, educational programs etc., Absolutely FREE. Enjoy crystal clear HDTV shows, 720p, 1080i, 1080p | ATSC available.The Indoor TV antenna can help.
- 50-MILE RANGE — The Upgraded Version antenna amplifier boosts the TV antenna with better signal and butterfly pattern optimizes reception. Working frequency: VHF 174-240MHz, UHF 470-862MHz. Channel reception may vary depending on what’s broadcasting in your area, distance from broadcast towers, terrain and the surroundings. Before you buy, Check what available channels are in your area by using these websites:”antennaweb.org” or “antennapoint.com”.
- 16.5FT LONG COAXIAL CABLE — Makes indoor TV antenna easier for you to place it in your house to get the best reception, especially for customers whose televisions are quite far away from windows.
- SLIM & HIGH PERFORMANCE — Paper-thin design makes free HDTV antenna easy to lay flat on table, hide it behind the TV, or place it high on window (highly recommended). It’ll pull in hundreds of crystal clear digital & HD shows!
- WHAT YOU GET — Vansky Indoor HDTV Antenna with 16.5ft coax cable, USB power adapter with spare cable,Amplifier Signal Booster,Spare 3M Sticker. Together with 45 Days Money Back, One Year Guarantee and Friendly, Easy-to-reach Support. If you don’t satisfied with the channels you get, feel free to contact us.If the external amplifier can’t work as expect,You can also purchase our HDTV antenna Amplifier Signal Booster here: B01N2QRBCC.
You’ll also definitely want to get your own cable modem since the cost of your internet will go up once you ditch cable and lose your bundle discount. We recommend the Netgear model below, and you’ll find faster versions of it on that page if you want.
NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES – Up to $120 per year.
- Up to 340Mbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 8×4 channel bonding.
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0. Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- If the unit does not work , Check the connection of your devices. Ensure that each connection is securely and tightly plugged in. Try to refresh your cable connection by power cycling your network, If power cycling did not work, download the latest firmware of your router.
- After you have the downloaded the firmware, please upgrade your routers firmware manually, If the above steps did not resolve your issue, you may need to reset your router.
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port.
And finally, you’re going to want to upgrade your Wi-Fi router so you can stream movies and TV shows anywhere in your home without any problem. Below, you’ll find three different options that cover every size home and every price range.
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router
- N300 Wi-Fi speed for faster downloads & Internet gaming
- 5dBi antennas for improved Wi-Fi coverage. NOTE: This product comes with an ethernet cable.
- Manage your home network with NETGEAR genie
- Use Push-N-Connect to add devices to your WiFi network with a push of a button
- GUEST NETWORK ACCESS for separate & secure WiFi access for guests
- SECURE WIFI CONNECTIONS for highest level wireless security with WPA/WPA2
- 4 MB flash and 32 MB RAM, Five (5) (1 WAN, 4 LAN) Fast Ethernet ports
- This version of the product will have ‘WNR2020-200PAS’ stickered on box
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router
- AC1750 Wi-Fi-450+1300 Mbps speeds and high-power external antennas. Ideal for homes with 12 or more Wi-Fi devices
- Beamforming+ improves range, boosts speed and performance for both 2.4 and 5GHz devices
- NETGEAR genie App – Enjoy more of your connected home. Now with remote access
- One USB 3.0 Port
- Beamforming+ focuses Wi-Fi signals from the wireless router to Wi-Fi devices
AmpliFi HD (High-Density) Home Wi-Fi System
- Wi-Fi Mesh Technology for Complete Home Coverage
- Plug and Play High-Density Mesh Points to Eliminate Dead Spots
- Dual-Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi System Delivers Up to 5.25 Gbps Aggregate Speed
- Convenient Smart-Touch Display for Real-Time Status
- Easy Setup and Powerful Wi-Fi Management using the AmpliFi App
- Secure WPA2-PSK AES/TKIP Wi-Fi Encryption; (5) Gigabit Ethernet Ports (1 WAN and 4 LAN)
- System Includes: AmpliFi Router HD, (2) AmpliFi Mesh Points HD, Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter, Quick Start Guide
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.