If you want an NES Classic Edition at its MSRP of $59.99, it’s time for a reality check: you’re not getting one anytime soon. In fact, you’re probably not getting one anytime this year. This awesome retro console was the hottest gift of the season over the holidays last year, and it’s still completely sold out everywhere you look. Well, almost everywhere, that is.
As has been the case for quite some time, a number of reputable sellers on Amazon have the NES Classic Edition in stock. The difference now is that prices have actually come down a bit in recent weeks. Stores get new shipments and sell out constantly but at the time of this writing, we’re seeing the console for as little as $90 from well-reviewed shops. That’s right… $90. That’s about half of the prices we saw as recently as a couple months ago.
Just remember, when you click the “other sellers” link in the right-hand column to see which stores have units available, be sure you only purchase the console from sellers with plenty of positive ratings. Any stores that say “just launched” are in all likelihood scams.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition has the original look and feel, only smaller, sleeker, and pre-loaded with 30 games
- The pre-installed games include: Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, PAC-MAN, Dr. Mario, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, and dozens more
- Includes a standard HDMI cable
- Comes with one old-school, grey-colored NES Classic Controller and an AC adapter
- Also compatible with Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro. Additional NES Classic Controllers will be sold separately
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.