One of the hottest new features rumored to be headed to Apple’s next-generation iPhone 8 is wireless charging. Some reports suggest that it might be a new type of long-range wireless charging that can work from across the room, but those rumors are a bit hazy. Instead, it seems like Apple will start with regular old wireless charging, and then the company might upgrade the technology in future iPhones, perhaps as soon as next year.
In the meantime, it looks like the iPhone 8 will feature wireless charging technology that requires the phone to make contact with a charging pad. But guess what: you don’t have to wait for September to add wireless charging tech to your iPhone. Pick up a Mophie Juice Pack Air for the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s, iPhone 6/6s Plus, or iPhone 5/5s/SE and you’ll be ahead of the game.
Some highlights from the product pages:
- juice pack battery case with wireless charging – Charge by simply placing the case on any wireless charging base.
- Built-in magnets align with any morphine charge force mount for a perfect charge every time.
- Rechargeable battery adds up to 33 total hours of talk time.
- High-impact protection featuring internal rubberized support pads – Built to withstand drops and hard falls.
- LED power indicator – Turn the juice pack battery on/off or press to display battery levels and charge status . Know before you go.
And here’s the wireless charging base you’ll need to make the magic happen:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.