Apple’s iPhone lineup separates itself from rival smartphone brands in so many ways, and one of them has always been longevity. Anyone who has owned the same Android phone for more than two years knows that performance seriously degrades over time. And then there’s the fact that you stop getting major software updates after two years — or even 18 months, sometimes. Meanwhile Apple’s iPhones get software updates for years, and they stand the test of time very well… usually. In the case of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s, however, a huge bug was recently introduced in a software update and it’s causing phones’ batteries to die at 30%.
In some cases if you have an iPhone 6s, Apple will swap out your battery for free and that might help. You can visit this page on the Apple website to see if you’re eligible for a battery replacement. If you’re not eligible or if you have a different phone, there’s really only one thing you can do while you wait for Apple to fix the problem with a software update.
Check out the Anker Ultra Slim Extended Battery Case for iPhone 6 / 6s, which more than doubles your iPhone 6 or 6s’ battery life. It’s the best-selling battery case on Amazon, and it’s on sale for 66% off right now. Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Media’s #1: Recommended by Time Magazine and The Wall Street Journal. The ‘#1 iPhone 6 battery case’ according to The Wirecutter.
- 120% Longer Battery Life: 2850mAh capacity provides an extra 60 hours audio, 17 hours 3G talktime, 13 hours video, 12 hours web browsing or 3 hours 3D gaming to your iPhone 6 / 6s.
- Incredibly Slim: More than double your iPhone’s battery life without doubling its size (adds only 0.23in & 2.9oz). Deluxe matte exterior provides secure grip.
- Apple MFi Certified: Complete charge and sync compatibility with the iPhone 6 / 6s. Transfer data or charge phone using the included Micro USB cable (no need to remove battery case).
- What You Get: Anker® Ultra Slim Battery Case for iPhone 6 / 6s, Micro USB cable, audio jack extender, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.