CES 2017 wrapped up last week and while there was plenty to talk about at the event, there’s no question that Amazon Alexa was the star of the show. Third-party companies are integrating Alexa into anything and everything they can, from cars and refrigerators to phones and of course speakers. We definitely saw a lot of great Alexa-enabled gadgets unveiled in Las Vegas this year, but if you want hands-free access to Amazon’s voice controlled assistant in every room of your house, there’s still only one gadget that has you covered better than all the rest: Amazon’s Echo Dot.
Some highlights from the product page:
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.