If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
CES 2017 wrapped up last week and while there was plenty to talk about at the event, there’s no question that Amazon Alexa was the star of the show. Third-party companies are integrating Alexa into anything and everything they can, from cars and refrigerators to phones and of course speakers. We definitely saw a lot of great Alexa-enabled gadgets unveiled in Las Vegas this year, but if you want hands-free access to Amazon’s voice controlled assistant in every room of your house, there’s still only one gadget that has you covered better than all the rest: Amazon’s Echo Dot.
Some highlights from the product page:
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.