Amazon’s voice-controlled virtual personal assistant Alexa is a complete game-changer. Alexa can manage your schedule, order products for you, interface with countless third-party apps and services, and even control smart home devices like lights and more. What you might not know, however, is that you don’t need to buy an Amazon device like the Echo or Echo Dot to use Alexa. Amazon’s Alexa is integrated with tons of third-party products and in this post, we’re going to show you five of our favorites.
Nucleus Anywhere Intercom
- Nucleus is a family communication device that connects you with the people you love, whether they’re downstairs or across the country.
- Make instant calls from room to room, home to home, or mobile to home.
- Connects to the internet via WiFi, Ethernet, or Power over Ethernet
- Designed for Everyone: We designed Nucleus with the kids and Grandma in mind, making it easier than ever to set up and just say “hello.”
- Chat on the go: Use the mobile app to check in with from anywhere
- Alexa-Enabled, Just Ask: Ask Alexa to listen to your favorite songs, hear the news, check the weather, control your smart home, and more
- Private and secure: Built-in privacy and do not disturb modes
- Ultra Wide Angle HD camera: lets you see the whole room and everyone in it
ChefSteps CS10001 Joule Sous Vide
- Smallest, sleekest sous vide tool available, at just 11 inches tall and 1.3 pounds. So small it fits in your top drawer.
- Fastest water-heating capability on the market, with 1100 watts of power and hyper-exact temperature control, precise to 0.2 F / 0.1 C.
- The magnetic base and side clip mean Joule works in any pot and with a variety of water levels and volumes, from just 1.5 inches all the way up to 10 gallons.
- No special equipment required: use Joule with the pots you already have, the Android or iOS smartphone you use every day, and any ziplock-style freezer bags. No vacuum sealer needed.
- Controlled by a free mobile app, or you can use your voice with Amazon Alexa. Guided recipes and exclusive features like
- Visual Doneness guarantee great results.
- Works with 120 V outlets only. Due to the nature of our precise heating technology, voltage transformers and converters can damage your Joule and void the warranty.
Wemo Insight Switch
- Wemo is home automation the easy way: Plug in a Wemo insight Switch, download the free app, and control your lights and appliances from anywhere in the world, right from your phone. No hub or subscription required.
- How much is that space heater costing you? How about that window air conditioner? Did you leave the bedroom light on all day? See info about activity, energy consumption and costs—and set schedules that help you save money.
- Protects your home better than a mechanical timer. In “Away Mode”, your lights will turn on and off randomly to confuse potential intruders and make it look like somebody is home.
- Wemo works with Amazon Alexa so you can control your home with the power of your voice. Works with Nest Thermostat so your lights and appliances “know” when you’re home or away, and respond automatically.
- Works with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 and higher or iOS 8 and higher. Electrical Rating120V/15A/60Hz/1800W
Netatmo Weather Station
- Temperature, Humidity, Barometric Pressure, indoor CO2 concentration and Sound Meter
- Real time Notifications & Graphs for data history
- Connect multiple Stations to your smartphone and multiple smartphones to a Station.
- Lifetime free personal account for your data.
- Fully weatherproof
- Made for iPhone iOS, Android (4.0 or later) and Windows: access your detailed data from anywhere, at any time.
Logitech Harmony Elite Remote Control
- The most powerful and intuitive Harmony remote works with Alexa for voice control. All-in-one control of up to 15 home entertainment and connected home devices
- Full color touchscreen: Simply swipe and tap to control channels, movies, volume, 50 favorite channels and smart home devices like Philips Hue lights
- One-touch Activities: Touch an Activity like “Watch a Movie” to automatically power on and switch devices to the right settings
- Harmony app: Turns iOS or Android smartphones or tablets into personal universal remote controls for the whole house
- Closed cabinet control: Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices in closed cabinets, or even when away from home
- Convenient charging station: Keeps your remote powered and within reach
- Easy-to-use design: Find the right button every time, even in the dark, with motion-activated backlit buttons, home control buttons and a comfortable layout
- Works with over 270,000 devices: Controls your TV, satellite or cable box, Apple TV, Roku, TiVo, Blu-ray player, game consoles, plus connected lights, locks, thermostats, sensors and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.