Just over two months ago, I wrote about how happy I am that Google is taking over my iPhone. The company had just released Google Calendar for iOS, adding yet another crucial piece of the puzzle that I hope will someday completely replace all of the stock Apple apps on my iPhone. Today, however, an interesting twist has thrown me for a loop, and I’m not sure I’ll ever use the Google Calendar app on my iPhone again.
Meet Timepage, the shockingly beautiful and wonderfully comprehensive new calendar app from Moleskine.
One look at Timepage is all you’ll need to see that Moleskine’s new calendar app is a cut above rival offerings when it comes to design. Dig a bit deeper though, and you’ll find that the app’s feature set matches its sleek look. Whereas most developers focus on either form or function, nothing was sacrificed in Timepage.
I’ve been testing the app for a couple of days now, and I am thoroughly impressed. The look is fantastic and the combination of calendaring, planning and weather forecasting is outstanding. The Apple Watch companion app is also well made, and I love how the chosen color theme in the iPhone app also applies to the Watch app.
Moleskine isn’t one of the first names that comes to mind when you think of high-quality mobile apps, but if Timepage is any indication of things to come, that will soon change. I still look forward to having Google take over my iPhone, but the Google Calendar app is already a distant memory.
Here’s the app’s full description, followed by a download link.
The most elegant calendar for your pocket and wrist, Timepage is a calendar designed to make every day more enjoyable. All your calendars in one place, seamlessly integrated with weather forecasts, maps and contacts.
• Your schedule is presented as a continuous timeline, making it easy to view a whole week at a glance or keep scrolling into the future to see what is coming up.
• A fully featured weather app with beautiful interactive charts is built-in so you can plan for the day.
• Adding events is as simple as typing something like “Coffee with George at Monks” and Timepage will take care of the details.
• Elegant single day and event views that keeps you focussed with info like “1 hour free after this until Meeting at 4pm”.
• Get travel time and directions for your events by car, public transit, cycling or walking.
• Works with Google Calendar, Microsoft Exchange (2007 with EWS) and Apple iCloud.
• Personalise your calendar by choosing how many days to show and selecting from thirteen Moleskine colors.
FOR APPLE WATCH:
• See your day-by-day schedule for the next week.
• Weather information with rain and temperature graphs so you know how to prepare.
• Maps show how to get to your next event and transit times for walking, cycling, driving and public transit.
• Glance view that shows how long until your next event and how long it will take to get there.
• Contact information and event notes are right there on your wrist.
• Event reminders will tap you on the wrist.
• Handoff from any day to your iPhone for quickly adding a new event.