Starting this Friday, you’ll be able to preorder an Apple Watch of your very own, but even if you get your order in early, you still might be waiting a few extra weeks for the actual delivery.
On Wednesday, German Apple blog Macerkopf was one of the first to discover that the German and United Kingdom Apple Online Stores showed that several models were scheduled to ship between April 24th – May 8th, while other models were saddled with shipping dates of 4-6 weeks, or in some cases just “May.”
Here’s the full list from Macerkopf (translated by Google):
- Apple Watch Sport: Usually ships “24.04. to 5.8. “
- Apple Watch with modern leather bracelet: Usually ships in “4 to 6 weeks”
- Apple Watch Link Watch: Usually ships in “4 to 6 weeks”
- Apple Watch with leather strap with loop: Usually ships in “4 to 6 weeks”
- Apple Watch with classic leather strap: Usually ships “24.04. to 5.8. “
- Apple Watch with Milanese bracelet: Usually ships “24.04. to 5.8. “
- Apple Watch with Sport Armband: Usually ships “24.04. to 5.8. “
- Apple Watch Edition: Usually ships “MAY”
There’s no telling whether or not the German and UK stores are signs of limited stock worldwide, but don’t be surprised if you don’t receive an Apple Watch on launch day. These shipping estimates coupled with the reports of Apple’s strict policies regarding the purchase of an Apple Watch are enough to make us think that there isn’t going to be enough stock to go around this month.