Apple has just wrapped up its big Apple Watch event and as expected, the company revealed more details about the hardware of its first smartwatch.
For the latest breaking news from Apple’s huge event, be sure to check out our event hub!
Here’s everything you need to know about the Apple Watch’s specs:
- Sizes: 38mm and 42mm: 38 mm: 21.2 x 26.5 mm, 33.5 mm (1.32 in) diagonally, 272 x 340 pixels,
42 mm: 24.3 x 30.5 mm, 39 mm (1.5 in) diagonally, 312 x 390 pixels
- Versions: Apple Watch , Apple Watch Sport and Apple Watch Edition complete with a variety of strap choices for each model
- Retina touchscreen display with Force Touch, and sapphire glass or Ion-X glass cover depending on model
- Taptic Engine and built-in speaker for instant tactile feedback
- Custom S1 SiP (System in Package) chip
- Sensors: accelerometer, built-in heart rate sensor
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC support (for Apple Pay payments)
- Digital Crown Home button
- 18-hours battery life and MagSafe charging
- Compatibility: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple Pay and Siri support
The Apple Watch is made of highly polished cold-forged stainless steel and comes with black stainless steel cases. The device comes with three different leather bands: A link bracelet, a Milanese loop and a high-performance fluoroelastomer band.
The Apple Watch Sport models are made of lightweight anodized aluminum and come in silver and gray. When it comes to band choices, users will be able to pick up one of the five different fluoroelastomer band covers.
Finally, the Apple Watch Edition is made of 18-karat gold that’s twice as hard as standard gold, and it comes with “an exquisitely designed band” complement.