Scientists have discovered a mineral stronger than a diamond called lonsdaleite. The mineral, which has been theorized about for years, was recently found in Africa after meteorites landed in the region. It’s also believed to exist on Earth in some form, though scientists are unsure how much is available on our planet.
- Two fascinating new Netflix documentaries to put on your watch list
- New salad dressing recall: Multiple salad dressings you need to watch out for
- Rotten Tomatoes scores are in for Netflix’s shocking new movie Blonde
- Every new device Amazon announced at its fall 2022 event
- These 10 iPhone apps are actually adware, so delete them now
A new mineral has been discovered near a volcano in Russia. Researchers found the bright bluish-green mineral near the Tolbachik volcano in Russia, and it’s one of hundreds of new minerals found in the same area. The mineral, called petrovite, looks almost otherworldly thanks to its bright, eye-catching color. Volcanoes are cool. Well, I mean, …
Humans have been on Earth for long enough that we have a pretty darn good idea of what our planet is made of. Scientists have discovered, analyzed, and categorized countless minerals, and we know which ones are rare and which ones are abundant on our planet. So, when astronomers analyzing a meteorite discovered a material …