Of all the surprising gaming news this week, the stealth release of LEGO Worlds on Steam was certainly a highlight. After years of rumors and speculation, LEGO finally launched its own Minecraft competitor, but even though they share similar conceits, Minecraft and LEGO Worlds are clearly two distinct games.
- Stranger Things 5 is not coming anytime soon
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever villain unveiled in new leak
- Thor: Love and Thunder’s shocking post-credits scene cameo just leaked
- Apple just slashed trade-in values on iPhones, iPads, and more
- Scientists baffled by magnetic material that freezes when heated up
There have been countless Minecraft knockoffs since the indie game phenomenon exploded on to the scene a few years ago, but there’s one that might be able to move the needle. On Monday, following a week full of rumors, LEGO and TT Games launched a new, open-world game called LEGO Worlds in Early Access on Steam.