Well, that was fast. One day after Facebook’s former chief security officer Alex Stamos made headlines for declaring it’s “too late” to protect the 2018 elections, saying essentially the government hasn’t done enough to close vulnerabilities, here comes Google with a dramatic announcement: The search giant said it’s shut down several YouTube, Google+ and Blogger …
- New human fossil discovery has everyone questioning the origin of mankind
- 2 tons of meat hit with recall: Check your fridge now to avoid getting sick
- Scientists discovered a terrifying new species of hairy crab in Western Australia
- These 5 new Netflix releases will have everyone glued to their screens next week
- iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max might be the most expensive iPhones ever
Chinese cellphone maker ZTE, the fourth-largest seller of cellphones in the US, has reached a blockbuster settlement with US authorities over its selling of technology to Iran. Sales of US-made technology to Iran were prohibited under sanctions. Since ZTE violated those sanctions, it has been hit with an $892 million fine. Another $300 million fine …
The Obama administration is expected to file formal charges against Iranian hackers believed to be responsible for various cyber attacks against American targets, including several U.S. banks and a New York dam.