HTC began pushing out the Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) update to the AT&T HTC Inspire 4G on Monday. Customers will receive notifications to update over-the-air or they can manually initiate the installation process by navigating to Home > Menu > Settings > AT&T Software Update > HTC Wi-Fi software update > Check now. The patch also includes an updated Sense application tray, new FriendStream features, fixes for minor bugs and an updated Quick Settings menu in the notifications shade. HTC says Inspire 4G users should notice an improved media experience and better power management as well. More →
Verizon just let us know that an OTA update for the HTC DROID Eris is being pushed to handsets at about midnight this evening. The ROM is 1.16.605.1 and the radio version is 220.127.116.11.09 for those inquiring minds. Just as Motorola’s OTA update worked, the DROID Eris will as well — slowly to a small group of people, then expanding over the coming days. Here’s a brief list of some of the fixes and you can always check the documentation on Verizon’s site.
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the
- End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened.
Read [PDF link]
Just like that. There’s a whole slew of new features and much-needed bug fixes in OS 3.1. Apple iPhone OS developers have been enjoying some of them for quite a while, but there’s also some new things that have snuck into the fold. Let us know what you guys find — here’s the official updated list for OS 3.1: