Earlier this month, movie theater owners across the country were fuming about the first original feature film from Netflix, Beasts of No Nation, saying that they would refuse to play the movie in their theaters. It might have sounded like an overreaction at the time, but less than two weeks after the film’s release, we’re beginning to see …
- 5 new Netflix releases you better not miss next week
- Puzzling changes were discovered in the brains of people who suffer from migraines
- This is one of the most massive super-Earths we’ve ever discovered
- How one scientist wants to prove we live in a simulation
- Target’s Cyber Monday sale: Deals on TVs, headphones, and Xbox Series S
The headline likely won’t surprise anyone who has seen what Netflix has done to both the television and film industries over the last several years, but there’s a very specific reason that theater owners are upset with the streaming service this time. Netflix made its own feature-length film.