Boy Genius Report’s Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Boy Genius Report’s Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Best Buy Stores, L.P. (“Best Buy”), Boy Genius Report (BGR), Federated Media Publishing, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: Boy Genius Report (BGR)/Federated Media Publishing, 2 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94105. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on December 21, 2009 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 23, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”) and consists of three (3) entry phases (each an “Entry Phase”) as follows: Entry Phase Period Begins on ET Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Winner Drawing on/around
1 December 21, 2009 (9:00 p.m.) December 21, 2009 December 22, 2009
2 December 22, 2009 (12:01 a.m.) December 22, 2009 December 22, 2009
3 December 23, 2009 (12:01 a.m.) December 23, 2009 December 23, 2009
Sponsors’ computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During any of the Entry Phase Periods as listed in Section 3, visit HYPERLINK “http://www.bgr.com” http://www.bgr.com and follow the links and instructions to post a comment in response to the featured Sweepstakes discussion prompt. Upon completion of your post, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Posts must not be inappropriate or defamatory, or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsors, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during each Entry Phase Period, up to three (3) times total during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to create the user name will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during each Entry Phase Period, on or around the dates listed in Section 3. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to reply with his/her contact information within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners will be contacted by Administrator with additional prize redemption instructions. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries from the applicable Entry Phase Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: ENTRY PHASE PERIOD 1: One (1) Grand Prize: An ASUS Eee PC Netbook. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $249.99. ENTRY PHASE PERIOD 2: One (1) Grand Prize: A Sony eReader. ARV: $199.99. ENTRY PHASE PERIOD 3: One (1) Grand Prize: A pair of Beats Headphones. ARV: $179.99. For all Prizes: The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Phase Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Administrator, Boy Genius Report/Federated Media. Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsors’ and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsors reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than April 23, 2010.
For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “Boy Genius Report’s Sweepstakes, Winner List Request,” to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com. © 2009 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
Boy Genius Report’s Sweepstakes Abbreviated Rules
1. ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 12/21/09. For Official Rules, and complete details, visit http://www.bgr.com. Sponsor: Boy Genius Report (“BGR”) and Federated Media (“FM”).
2. ABBREVIATED RULES for Print NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 12/23/09. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.bgr.com. Sponsor: Boy Genius Report (“BGR”) and Federated Media (“FM”).
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 12/21/09. To enter and for Official Rules, visit www.bgr.com.
4. Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 12/23/09. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit www.bgr.com. Void where prohibited.