In yet another move that shows it wants to be more like Apple (AAPL), Microsoft (MSFT) will reportedly move towards yearly Windows release according to sources from The Verge and ZDNet. Microsoft’s next Windows update codenamed “Windows Blue” will supposedly launch in mid-2013 and will “include UI changes and alterations to the entire platform.” Where things get interesting is pricing, with The Verge’s report suggesting Windows Blue will be released at “a low cost or even free to ensure users upgrade.” Of course, there will reportedly be a caveat: a genuine copy of Windows will be required to in order to upgrade from Windows 8.
- 3-in-1 wireless charging station for Apple devices is down to $17 at Amazon
- Apple’s warns iPhone, iPad, and Mac users to update their software now – here’s why
- Amazon deal drops this top-rated foldable 1080p camera drone to just $49.99
- Marvel’s ‘Loki’ series director just addressed a puzzling Avengers mystery
- ‘Titane’ was just called the ‘most shocking film of 2021’