Today is the day you can finally reach out and touch Windows 8. Well, the vast majority of you won’t be able to physically touch it — Windows 8 tablets aren’t yet in the market, but you’re free to download the Consumer Preview on your PC. We spent a bunch of time with a reference version tablet device and were impressed with what we saw — plus this is only the beginning. The download comes in around 3GB and if you don’t feel like jumping on your neighbor’s super speedy unsecured Wi-Fi connection, you could always… take your laptop to an Apple store and use their insanely fast Wi-Fi. Oh, yeah.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- There’s a $500 stimulus check you might qualify for, and you had no idea
- Marvel just confirmed ‘Avengers 5’ and we nearly missed it
- Teaser says Marvel’s Avengers may soon fight a terrifying new threat
- Elon Musk just took a swipe at President Biden after successful SpaceX landing
- I’m obsessed with a $20 Amazon smart home device you’ve never heard of