Wi-Fi is about to get absurdly fast. Per Business Insider, chip maker Marvell on Monday announced it is partnering with Israeli startup Wilocity to create tri-band Wi-Fi chips that will run on the 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 60GHz bands. The 60GHz band is particularly significant because it’s the spectrum band being used by the new 802.11ad Wi-Fi standard that will offer peak download speeds at a whopping 7Gbps, more than 100 times faster than the current generation of Wi-Fi technology. Business Insider estimates that the new chips will be available sometime next year.
- Rat infestation forces company to recall all the food it makes – check your fridge now
- 6 beloved out-of-stock groceries are coming back to Costco
- No fourth stimulus check, but you can still get a child tax credit – read this update now
- 5 Amazon home decor finds under $25 that have shoppers obsessed
- Iron Man’s return: Crazy leak details Robert Downey Jr.’s potential comeback
January 17th, 2022