Verizon Wireless has stated on multiple occasions that it will move to usage-based smartphone data plans next month, but the carrier has been tight lipped when it comes to sharing the details surrounding the new plans. Following a report on Monday that claimed to detail Verizon Wireless’ upcoming tiered plans, they have now been reaffirmed by a new leak. Android Central claims to have received internal documents showcasing the changes, and pricing lines up exactly with earlier reports:
- 2GB – $30/month
- 4GB with tethering/mobile hotspot – $50/month
- 5GB – $50/month
- 7GB with tethering/mobile hotspot – $70/month
- 10GB – $80/month
- 12GB with tethering/mobile hotspot – $100/month
The new documents also confirm that existing smartphone customers with unlimited data plans will be able to keep those plans after the changeover date, which is said to be July 7th. Hit the break for an email on the new plans reportedly sent by Verizon Wireless to retail partners.
As of this morning we have been given the green light to start training on the data changes Verizon Wireless is making effective 7/7/11.
$29.99 unlimited data will be discontinued effective 7/7/11
- EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That have our $29.99 unlimited data plan WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN, they will keep their unlimited plan after 7/7/11
- EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That current have the unlimited data WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE AND KEEP the unlimited data feature (No known end date on this as of this moment)
- EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That add lines post 7/7/2011, will NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited data feature
- NEW CUSTOMERS- Any customer that sets up service from now, until 7/7/2011 WILL BE ON, AND WILL BE GRANDFATHERED into our $29.99 unlimited data package
- NEW CUSTOMERS- Any new customer that set up service AFTER 7/7/2011, WILL NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited plan
- BUSINESS DISCOUNTS- Currently our business discounts apply to the $29.99 data plan on the primary line only. Most discounts are 20% despite whatever monthly access discount they have
- BUSINESS DISCOUNTS- After 7/7/2011 data discounts will only apply to the $50 and higher data packages on the primary line.
- Discount break down ex. of customers with a 20% feature discount on their primary line. ($50-20%=$40/month for 5GB and includes the business e-mail feature)
- — ($20/GB vs. $40/GB+ Business e-mail )
New data pricing for smart phones is as follows:
- $30 for 2GB with $10/GB overage
- $50 for 5GB (this also includes business e-mail at no additional charge) with $10/GB overage
- $80 for 10GB (this also includes business e-mail at no additional charge) with $10/GB overage
So all changes effective July 7th, 2011.
Existing customer KEEP their $29.99 unlimited data plan
If an existing customer upgrades from a feature phone to a smart phone after 7/7/11, they will NOT be able to add on the unlimited data package. They must choose from the new data plans.
Anyone who sets up new service with unlimited data, upgrades from a feature phone to a smart phone with unlimited data, or customer currently on the $29.99 before July, 7, 2011 will be grandfathered in.
These changes also apply to employee plans as well (personal accounts w/work discounts applied)
SO, This is a huge time for us to set our customers up with the right package for them! We only have 14 DAYS remaining for unlimited data, and until the new data pricing takes effect. (14 days to setup new customers w/unlimited data, and customers upgrading from a feature phone to a smart phone)
PLEASE, PLEASE make sure we take advantage of this heads up and get our heavy data users set up on these unlimited plans before they change.
Please call, text or e-mail me any questions or concerns you might have.