Starting today, Verizon Wireless is rolling out the webOS 126.96.36.199 update to Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus owners. The update is a mere 11 mb in size and contains minor bug fixes including one that addresses that annoying “sticky key” problem in which a single key press produces double letters. Pinch to zoom is also expanded into Docs and PDF, WiFi to CDMA hand-off is more consistent, and battery life while using Bluetooth has also been improved. The update is available over the air and should arrive to Pre Plus and Pixi Plus handset within the next 48 hours. Hit the jump for the full changelog.
webOS 188.8.131.52 for the Verizon Wireless Pre Plus and Pixi Plus includes:
- Easier to use Bluetooth.
- Improved battery life when turning off Bluetooth without unpairing a device.
- Displayed time feature is more accurate.
- Automatic updates for Daylight Saving Time.
- Easier connection management.
- More consistent EV-DO connections when switching from Wi-Fi to CDMA.
- Better Touchstone™ charger integration.
- The screen will now turn off and display the lock icon and time after the Pixi Plus is docked with the Touchstone charger.
- Newly taken photos and videos do not overwrite existing ones.
- Improved picture display when cropping a picture for a contact.
- Pinch to zoom now works in more applications.
- The onscreen volume slider now appears correctly.
- The forward gesture now works in the browser.
- The back gesture now returns to the file list screen in certain applications.
- The shutter sound is more responsive when taking a picture.
- A single press of the power button now reliably wakes up the display.
- The LCD reset issue has been resolved.
Read (Pre Plus Upgrade)
Read (Pixi Plus Upgrade)