Sony’s newfound goodwill with gamers won’t last long if it starts bricking users’ consoles. BBC News reports that Sony has pulled its 4.45 system update for the PlayStation 3 that was leaving some consoles unusable. Sony says that it is investigating the reason its latest update, which it first released on Tuesday, bricked consoles and tells BBC News that it only affected a “small number” of PlayStations worldwide. Sony also apologized to users and encouraged them to wait for an official fix for the problem instead of trying to fix it themselves.
- This mind-bending thriller on Netflix just rocketed to #1 on the charts
- We can’t stop staring at Apple’s stunning leaked iPhone 13 design in this YouTube video
- New stimulus checks are coming in less than a month – find out how much you’ll get
- Everything new coming to Amazon Prime Video in July 2021
- Southwest Airlines cancels hundreds of flights for the third day in a row